- Sunday, October 1, 2017
- 2:00-6:00 pm Exhibit and Sale *Selling on hold during runway event
- 3:45 pm Runway Show
The 2017 Celebrate Wearable Art show returns to the luxurious waterfront venue at the entry to Gloucester’s Harbortown Cultural District, as designated by the State of Massachusetts-Mass Cultural Council. Cape Ann and Gloucester are recognized among America’s top Arts Destinations; this show has the support of Art New England and North Shore Magazines.
Celebrate Wearable Art IV , (CWAIV) offers a unique and exciting opportunity for makers of wearable art to interact with a select group of fashion-forward, community-oriented, artistically-inclined buyers. This event is curated to offer the audience the best selection and variety of art-to-wear. Space is limited and can accommodate only 18 vendors.
CWA IV, returning from three successful shows, is a major biennial seARTS fundraiser which draws a crowd that is passionate in their support for the arts and for the community as a whole. This show is run by the seARTS Wearable Arts group and community member volunteers.
In previous years we have made $43,000 in sales of Wearable Art at this show. Visit our Past Events page to learn more about our previous shows.
The event has a unique history of artists working together in a friendly, supportive, and collaborative way – with the artist-vendor committee curating the exhibit, laying out space, and contributing to the event planning throughout the year. seARTS provides marketing materials and will announce the event in official channels. However, the real success comes when each individual artist helps spread the word through your own connections online and offline. Postcards are available as well as online marketing content and we ask everyone to support the event as part of the spirit that has been behind the event to date.
To be considered as an exhibiting artist/vendor to sell your work in this year's event please fill out the application and return it along with your table/entry fee by February 27th. Applications received after February 27th may still be reviewed, space pending, but will miss the opportunity to be featured prominently in promotional materials.
Here is an important checklist that must be acknowledged as part of the application. Please review for yourself before sending in the application.
- Table/entry fee (includes TICKET FOR THE EVENT) $125 for seARTs members; $150 for non-members. EACH ARTIST WILL BE GIVEN A SEAT TO ENJOY THE RUNWAY SHOW, ALONG WITH THE AUDIENCE.
- 25% of sales will be collected as a donation to seARTS*. All sales at the event are tax exempt due to seARTS non-profit status and seARTS pays all online transaction fees.
- Selling time 2 PM to 6 PM. (however, the selling will be on hold during the runway show portion of the event)
- Artists must be present at the show to sell their work. seARTS will have volunteers to assist in sales checkout.
- Anyone that the artist brings with them (spouse, helper/assistant, etc.) MUST purchase their own ticket if they intend to stay to help.
- Each artist will be given approximately 6 feet of table space (or alternative equivalent space) in which to display and sell their work.
- Applicants must submit 3 to 5 good quality images via email to seARTS, with at least one image sent as a hi-res, print quality image (300 dpi @ 4” x 6”) that can be used for print publicity. Images can be sent to email@example.com
- Deadline for check/online payment, application and photos: February 27th.
Interested artists are also encouraged to create an 'art piece' for the runway; all proposals will be considered and every attempt will be made to work the piece into the runway portion of the show. If you are interested, please complete the runway application separately.
- Payments for artwork sold during event will be collected at a central checkout kiosk by seARTS using Square. seARTS will aim to pay the artists their 75% within 30 days and will be responsible for all fees associated with electronic payments via square.
- Artists must use sales books with duplicate pages which will be provided by seARTS to track each sale; they will also be responsible to review and understand procedures in advance of the show.
- This event sold out in previous years so we strongly encourage you to commit quickly.
- Places will be held for accepted applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis.