Call to Artists for the Runway
seARTS invites all artists to submit ideas for a sculptural or non-functional wearable art piece/s (up to two will be accepted) to be modeled in the runway portion of the CWAIV event. All "makers" are requested to work as individuals on their pieces. If you have a collaborator, please indicate so on the application. Awards are reserved for individual contributors and collaborations where all parties are involved in making the piece unless otherwise indicated. The deadline is August 15th but if you miss it, we still want to hear from you in case a spot opens up.
Application Fees to submit Runway Looks (Non-Refundable)
- Non-Members, $35 (if you are not purchasing ticket to event and not planning to attend the show). Click here to go to PayPal & pay the $35 Fee.
- seARTS Members, FREE to submit a runway application. Please write to email@example.com to check if your membership is current. (To learn more about seARTS membership, go to www.searts.org)
- Students, FREE to submit a runway application
- Artists in the Marketplace who have paid their "table exhibit fee" will not have to pay a runway fee as their table fee is the equivalent of one event ticket.
- Tickets to the event can be purchased at Eventbrite before or after the online application is complete.
- All fees can also be paid via check to seARTS, PO Box 1476, Gloucester, MA. 01931 Re: Runway Application Fee but please send us an email to let us know the check is in the mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
What we would like to see on the runway:
Of particular interest will be clothing/fiber work and unusual accessories – [hats, belts, bags and shoes] but other pieces are welcome for review. If you have a piece from a recent Wearable Art Show, you are welcome to submit it for review. The curatorial committee will review the submitted descriptions for creative use of materials, fit among the existing work in the show, and ability to be seen on the runway.
To find out more about the previous show and see work by local artists who were in the show, check out Cape Ann Magazine’s article and the photo gallery on seARTS Celebrate Wearable Art section of the website.
Runway Application Instructions
- Please go to our online application here OR send a printed form to seARTS. Download here: RunwayCall2017final. Send printed application and check to seARTS, PO Box 1476, Gloucester, MA. 01931.
- Photos of your previous or proposed work should accompany the application online or via email: email@example.com
- Deadline for application is rolling. There will be at least 3 waves of review by the curators and you will hear back by the 15th of the month until the show is completely filled. Note that publicity and posters will be designed in late April. YOU WILL ONLY BE MENTIONED IN OFFICIAL PUBLICITY IF WE HAVE AN APPLICATION IN AND YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE CURATORS.
- Upon acceptance you must submit a detailed description of your piece and its construction by no later than August 15th
- Where possible, seARTS will match your piece with a model in the show. However, depending on the piece, you may choose to provide your own model or model the piece yourself. Hair and makeup will be provided by seARTS. If you think you will need a model, please indicate so on the application.
- There will be a call for models to be held at Cape Ann Savings Bank’s Community Room, 123 Main Street on Saturday August 26th from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Please mark this date and plan to attend if you need a model for your work. There will be a professional agency there to meet with each potential model. See more info here.
- There will be a mandatory rehearsal Wednesday, September 27th, in the evening at Cruiseport Gloucester.
- Please have a model ready or prepare to model the piece yourself on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at Cruiseport Gloucester.
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line must read: CWA4 Runway Show Application.
Please Note the following:
- All chosen work will be described in the program and announced by the emcee. It is important that when you submit your description, you stay with your proposal because this will be published in advance and incorporated into the Emcee’s script.
- That by being part of this show, you are giving seARTS and any press and photographers/ videographers permission to document your work online and in printed media.
- seARTS and CWA requests that applicants do not show photos of their runway pieces to the public before the CWA event. Part of the show's appeal is for the pieces to be a surprise to the audience. If a piece has been shown in another show, please let the committee know where it has been publicized.
Cape Ann and Gloucester are the home to four State-sponsored Cultural Districts and a vibrant arts & cultural community! Celebrate Wearable Art IV, our fourth biennial fundraiser for seARTS – the first one was held in 2011 followed by 2013 & 2015.
Wearable Art Marketplace
The "shopping" event that precedes the runway consists of up to 18 artists who are invited to be part of the event by the CWA committee. This is a curated exhibit to ensure that we have the right balance of work on display and this year's show is filled. However, we welcome artists to apply so that if we need to balance out the work or have an opening, we have all your information. Visit the 2017 Marketplace here!