Join the seARTS Wearable Art Group in a colorful storytelling night in the “PK” format! PechaKucha (chit-chat) is a format, where a presenter shows 20 VISUAL slides for 20 seconds of commentary. Six presenters who are involved in different aspects of Wearable Art have been invited to share their unique stories in 6 minutes (or less each). Among our presenters will be highly talented makers and creatives who have been part of the Celebrate Wearable Art journey. PKNights had been held in more than 1,142 cities worldwide. More than 3 million people have attended a PK Night. Now it’s your turn to experience PK right here at the Cape Ann Museum during this exciting late night programming series.
Our presenting Creatives include:
- Beth Williams – Glass Bead Maker/Jeweler
- Linda Stockman – Graphic Designer and Costume Designer
- Queen – Fashion/Fabric Designers
- Eva Camancho – textiles/felt designer
- Jen Greeke – fashion & costume designer along with Katherine Hooper curator/choreographer of BoSoMa Dance CompanyB
- Jacqueline Ganim-DeFalco, Chair & Founder Celebrate Wearable Art will kick off with an overview “PK” of the history of the Wearable Art Group.
- $10 for Members Museum and seARTS/$20 for non-members
- Timing: 24 minutes of presentation followed by a 10 minute panel Q & A.
- Cash Bar
- Time to walk around and see Museum before and after
- Register now at Eventbrite!